Google launched the browser wars with Chrome. However, “Bookmark support is still very limited in Chrome and it lacks a full bookmark management interface.” After doing some work, we found a way to work with Chrome at last.
Because Firefox addon is not supported by Chrome yet. We need use Bookmarklet to add the bookmark from Chrome. The steps are quite simple.
1. Goto the url: http://www.desksware.com/bookmarklet.htm
2. Drag the link from web page to the bar.
3. Click Add Power Favorites to add the new bookmark. There will be a message box to ask you if you’d like to launch an application, just click “Launch application” to continue.
A new release of bookmark adddon for Firefox is avaiable now. It supports to work with Firfox 3.0. Power Favorites users can download it from here.
New Update (March 11,2008):
NOAA has changed their icons again. Please download the latest version with the change. If you do not like the new installation, please download HtmlConfig.xml and replace the old one. The file exists in c:\program files\desksware (PlainSight Desktop Calendar) or C:\Documents and Settings\(Login name)\Application Data\Desksware\ical (Desktop iCal).
The weather icons did not show correctly with some version. It is because that NOAA changed the weather data format. We’ve modified the program and uploaded the latest version on our site. Here are the links:
PlainSight Desktop Calendar
Desktop iCalendar Pro
Please download the latest version if the issue occurs on your computer.
We’re happy to announce the release of Desktop iCalendar Lite.
Desktop iCalendar Lite is a free desktop calendar for windows. It allows you to manage your events, to-do list on desktop. It allows subscribing public Google Calendar, such as holidays, election or NBA. It is full customizable. A build in skin editor makes it easy to set the skin by your own taste. Desktop iCalendar is full compatible with iCalendar standard, and can work with the calendars created by Thunderbird Lightning, Sunbird.
Any comments are welcome.
Product URL: http://www.desksware.com/desktop-icalendar-lite.htm
Download : http://www.desksware.com/files/desktop-icalendar-lite.exe
Do you always have many things to do? Desktop iCalendar can help you a lot.
Desktop iCalendar, our new product, is a handy calendar software that can work with Google Calendar. It allows you to download your Google Calendar and edit them offline. It is easy to sync your local calendar with Google. And it allows saving task list in Google Calendar. You can use this feature to share your calendar and task list with your teammates. Local weather forcast is also supported.
More info: http://www.desksware.com/desktop-icalendar.htm
Download URL: http://www.desksware.com/files/desktop-icalendar-setup.exe.
With PlainSight Desktop Calendar 2.4.1, you can select different message stores in Outlook. And it improves the way to detect the data state of Outlook. When you add or modify an appointment with Outlook, it will refresh itself automatically.
We also changed the format of the appointments displayed. The start date is placed in front of the subject. It is easier to read than before.
We have just released PlainSight Desktop Calendar 2.4.0. This is a maintenance release.
New: Blue-black skin.
New: Refresh appointment window after adding an appointment with Outlook started directly.
Fix: Position of windows maybe not saved.
Fix: Try to connect to the weather server when skin is modified.
This is a maintenance release with adds two new functionality: the ability to add new bookmark by bookmarklet and sync folder automatically when adding a new bookmark .
- – NEW: Auto Sync the folder when you add new bookmark.
- – NEW: You can create a new bookmark by click the Add to Power Favorites bookmarklet on your bookmark toolbar.
- – FIX: The export to Firefox, Opera did not work correctly.
- – FIX: Import from Firefox did not work correctly.
- – IMPROVED: Auto sort the bookmark list by create date when you select a tag or folder.
Many people like to collect the bookmarks. But when the bookmark amount grows, it is hard to manage them. It is a waste if you can’t find any useful bookmarks quickly. The more bookmarks you add, the less you can find. There are three ways to improve the productivity when you surf the web .
1. Use tags. Tags are keywords which are related to the content. Most of social bookmark sites take this way to help user for keeping their bookmarks. ( Del.icio.us, Blogmarks, etc). One advantage for tags is that you do not need experience the pain to consider which folder you should put the bookmark in. Just save the bookmark with the related tags you are familiar with, and you can pick them easily again.
2. Use Recent and Hot List. As 80-20 rule , people often use 80% of time to browse 20% bookmarks. Bookmarks which are added recently is a part of the 20% . And you should put all the bookmarks you access frequently in a hot list folder. So you can easy find them.
3. Use Hotkey. Keyboard is much faster than mouse. You can use CTRL+ALT+A To launch the bookmark manager. And you can customize the hotkey in the Option window. You can use up, down, right, left arrow to switch the focus among the search box, the tag list and the results list too.