After two months of hard work, we’re pleased to bring to you Desktop iCalendar 2.0, a much improved new version with capability to synchronize with Google Tasks.
To sync with Google Tasks, just follow steps below:
- 1. Right click the calendar window, and select “Manage Calendars…”
- 2. Click “New…” button.
- 3. Select “Add personal Google Calendar or Google Tasks ” and click Next button.
Select Google Tasks to add
- 4. Input your Google Account and password, and click Next button
- 5. Make the node in the “Google Tasks” checked and click Next button.
- 6. Click “Finish” button to download the task to desktop.
Desktop iCalendar 2.0 also supports sub-tasks of Google Tasks. You can just drag&drop a task to set it as a child of another task or rearrange orders of tasks in the task list.
One of the main advantages of Google Tasks is that you can use it on your mobile device apps. Here are the some nice apps that support Google Tasks:
With Desktop iCalendar, you can keep your task lists on both desktop and mobile.
For more information, please click on the links below:
We’re happy to announce the release of Desktop iCalendar 1.9.5. This release is a major improvement in the 1.9.3 series, which includes new features, bug fixes and skins.
The changes include:
- New skins (Glass 3 and Glass 4)
Glass 4 for Desktop Calendar
- Windows 7 desktop integration is added.
- No events in holiday calendars issue is fixed.
- Bug of syncing with Android via Google Calendar is fixed ( Pro version).
- Account limitation of gmail.com is removed when adding the Google Personal Calendar (Pro version).
All users of Desktop iCalendar, especially those using earlier 1.9.1 releases are advised to upgrade to this release as soon as possible. If there are any problems or suggestion as you use the new version, please feel free to contact us.
The release can be download from:
The lite version can downloaded from :
After a month of hard work, we are pleased to announce the new release of Desktop iCalendar. It adds support for syncing Yahoo! Calendar with Desktop iCalendar via CalDav protocol.
To add Yahoo! Calendar is quite easy, just follow below steps:
1. Right click the calendar select Manage Calendar…
2. Click “New…” button.
3. Select “CalDav Calendar” and click Next
4. Select “CalDav Calendar on Yahoo!” and click Next
5. Input your Yahoo! account info and the calendar name, click Finish to add the calendar.
To sync your iPhone calendar with Desktop iCalendar via Yahoo! is also very easy.
If you have the new iPhone 3.0 Firmware and have switched to the new Yahoo Calender via http://switch.calendar.yahoo.com you can add the calendar via Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Add Account -> Other ->Add CalDAV Account. Use caldav.calendar.yahoo.com as the server.(From Yahoo! Answers)
Yahoo! Calendar supports syncing To-do list, which is better than Google Calendar. I do not know why Google keeps Task API as a secret. There is a feature request on Google forum which has been 1 year now. More than hundred people asked Google to release Task API, but nobody responds it.
We’re pleased to announce the release of Desktop iCalendar 1.8.2. Both of Lite version and Pro version are upgraded. The new version has a lot of new features compared to earlier version.
Notable new and improved features:
- Add support to manage Google Calendar Share*
- Add support to calendar icon
- Add support to event icon
- Add docking window feature
- Add support to detect upgrade
- Add support to dual monitors
- Add support to proxy server
- Fix time format error for German and Italy
- Improve UI with large DPI
*Only apply to Pro Version
We are always open to feedback and hope that you will take some time to review the new features and let us know how we can make it even better.
We are proud to announce the release of Desktop iCalendar 1.6. It is a must upgrade version for current Desktop iCalendar users. It is more stable and robust than before. Windows 7 support is also added. It is 100% free for our registered users.
The changes include:
- Fix day-light issue
- Fix time zone issue
- Add multiple Google Account support
- Improve the skin designer
You can download it at here. Please just feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions.
It is a easy thing to sync iPod calendar with Desktop iCalendar, because they both use same file format, iCalendar.Just follow the simple steps, you can move your calendar from PC to iPod easily.
1. Connect iPod with your PC, open iTune.
2. In iTune, click the iPod’s name under Devices. Click the Summary tab and click the checkbox next to Enable disk use. Click the Apply button.
3. Copy the calendar files which extension names are “.ics” from “My documents” to the “iPod drive letter:\Calendar”.
This solution works smoothly for iPod Nana, and iPod Classic except iPod touch. Apple hides its disk mode setting .
I am glad to announce our new bookmark manager, Power Favorites 1.7.1 is available now.There are many new features added for Chrome and other popular browsers.
1. Add bookmark by icons in the tray.
Just click left icon while using Chrome to browse a web page. A new bookmark windows will pop up. Input the tags and choose the share option if you’d like to share the bookmark to del.icio.us.
To add bookmark silently, just click the right icon. There will be a hint to inform if the bookmark is added successfully.
2. Add bookmark by hot key. By default, the setting is:
Ctrl+Alt+1 Add current web page to power favorites
Ctrl+Alt+2 Add current web page to power favorites silently
Ctrl+Q Open the bookmark manager window
3. Detect Chrome when the first running.
4. Add bundle for tags.
Here is the link to download.
You can get more information on: bookmark manager home page.
Any feedback is very appreciated.
Google launched the browser wars with Chrome. However, “Bookmark support is still very limited in Chrome and it lacks a full bookmark management interface.” After doing some work, we found a way to work with Chrome at last.
Because Firefox addon is not supported by Chrome yet. We need use Bookmarklet to add the bookmark from Chrome. The steps are quite simple.
1. Goto the url: http://www.desksware.com/bookmarklet.htm
2. Drag the link from web page to the bar.
3. Click Add Power Favorites to add the new bookmark. There will be a message box to ask you if you’d like to launch an application, just click “Launch application” to continue.
A new release of bookmark adddon for Firefox is avaiable now. It supports to work with Firfox 3.0. Power Favorites users can download it from here.